Every year, millions of homeowners replace their roof or get roof repair services, either because it has reached the end of their lifespan, or the last storm really did a number on them. Even though everyone eventually needs to replace their roof, there are several tips for you to use to avoid tearing it off sooner rather than later.
Does your roof have a leak? Do you suspect possible damage from a wind or hail storm? Whatever the cause might be, a roof that’s been compromised is a roof that poses a safety issue for you, your family, and your possessions. Ongoing roof maintenance is a strong preventative action to secure your home and its contents. We are ready to help you protect your most valuable investment. When your roof is properly maintained, you not only benefit from an increased life expectancy of your roof but also from preparation for major roofing expenses.
When your roof starts to severely leak and there was no major event that could have contributed to it, that could mean that it has reached a stage of extensive damage. And when this occurs, it means comprehensive and expensive repairs are needed. But, if you had an ongoing roof maintenance contract with a specialist roofing company, this could have been prevented.
Why We Are Different:
● We’ve been in business for over 50 years, so we have the experience and certifications to properly repair your property. Call us immediately if you’re in need of an emergency roof repair.
● We are fully accredited and have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Besides that, we’re not a “here today, gone tomorrow – storm chasing company”.
● We have a very strong, positive reputation – check out our 5-Star Reviews.
● Also, we never take shortcuts or cut corners. “Trust” and “roofing company” don’t typically go together in the same sentence. We’re different and happy to prove it. Especially during an emergency, we are quick and diligent to help you get your home where it needs to be!
We begin our process with a free, no-obligation roof inspection that will determine the overall condition of your roof. Furthermore, this allows us to restore your roof to its original condition. We will give your insurance company the exact details it needs to process your claim. We know how roofing insurance claims work and how to navigate the system, reducing your frustration and speeding up the process. Check out our roof inspection process. We’ve put together a quick-hitting roof maintenance checklist that will help you identify and prevent the kind of damage that spells doom for your average roof.
Roof Maintenance Checklist
1. Check Your Shingles Regularly
So, how do you maintain a roof? Well, the first step is to have it inspected as often as possible, especially after a heavy storm. The good news is that you don’t have to clamber up a ladder to get a good look at your roof. All you need is a good pair of binoculars to see any potential problems. Here’s what we look for when inspecting your roof:
● Missing shingles
● Curling shingles
● Cracked shingles
● Peeling flashing
● Missing granules
If any of these appear on your shingles it is important that they are looked at as soon as possible, preferably by a trained professional who can safely make the necessary repairs.
2. Get a Professional Roof Inspection
A restoration consultant will be able to spot potential problems you might’ve missed, as well as provide you with invaluable tips for maintaining your roof. They will also give you a rough estimate of how many more years your roof will last. Most roofers recommend inspections every two years, but an inspection once a year will increase your chances of finding potential issues before they become costly repairs.
3. Look for Leaks in Your Attic & Ceilings
Check your ceilings and attic as regularly as your roof itself for water damage to head off any serious issues. The most common warning signs of a leak are:
● Musty odors in certain rooms.
● Water stains on your ceiling.
● Spots on your exterior walls.
● Bulging patches on your interior walls
If you notice any of these signs, your next step is to locate the leak and call in a professional to patch up the hole in your roof. Though if you’re comfortab